Divinity: Original Sin 2, The way a MacOS game should be done.
I loved Divinity: Original Sin 2 when it was first released A year ago. I was so excited about it. I boot camped my MacOS computer to run it. I would stop working, close out apps, reboot my machine to get my fix. However, laziness eventually took its toll, and I stopped playing.
Fast forward a year to The Who would think have thought that Apple Metal Engineering team would publicly be working with a developer like Elveris to bring a game to the MacOS ecosystem with all the features that make it great. Everyone always talks about, but until now games on MacOS have fallen short and were out in the cold. Hopefully, this is a new era where gamers will feel the warmth and at home in the ecosystem.
"Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a single- and multiplayer top-down, party-based role-playing game with pen & paper RPG-like levels of freedom. It features turn-based combat, a strong focus on systematic gameplay and a well-grounded narrative." - Larian Studios
Features & Specs:
It’s hard to call this game a port by any means. Built from the ground on a 64-bit architecture powered by apples own Metal. It’s a true native game. Which also boosts the first ever title to support HDR and native support for iCloud backups and cross-play with windows users.
This is the first time we saw the Apple Metal Engineering team publicly working with a developer (Elveris) to bring a game to the Mac the way it should with the many great MacOS features,
Mac specific features:
- 64-bit Metal 1.2 support
- eGPU support (10.13+ only)
- V-sync support (10.13+ only)
- MacOS Support for 10.13 and 10.14 macOS with potential for (10.12 support likely but still in the works)
- Support for Apple MFI controllers and rumbling support on selected controllers
- MacBook TouchBar support
- MacBook trackpad and selected gestures support
Mac system requirements:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
- Processor: Core i5
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: HD Graphics 5000 or Radeon R9 M290X
- Storage: 20 GB available space