QuickTip: Selection to Stickie
Sticky notes have always been a useful tool in the office. Giving you the ability to leave notes anywhere you like. Often people have a tendency to forget such an app exists quietly in their OSX application folders. This little trick will breath some life back into this long forgotten app again.
By giving you an easy way to open a new Stickie with a selection of highlighted text. Some may be required to enable this feature and we will help you thought that as well.
Quickly Making a Stickies Note from a Text Selection
- Use the cursor to highlight and select text
- Right-click within the text selection and go to the “Services”
- Choose the “Make New Sticky Note” option to open the Stickies app with the selected text.
The Stickie app will open almost instantly.
Enabling the Make Sticky Note Service
- Go to the menu and open System Preferences
- Choose “Keyboards” then go to the “Shortcuts” tab
- Select Services scroll towards the bottom and find “Make New Sticky Note”, selecting the checkbox will enable it.