Tip: Recover lost Playlist on Spotify
Have you every wanted to retrieve a recently lost a playlist on Spotify?
If so here is a quick tip if your in such a situation.
Recently my Spotify account was hacked. After 96hours of back and forth with Spotify I finally got back my account all my playlists were gone. What I figured out was that your playlists are stored locally. Follow the steps bellow to retrieve your playlists.
There is a way to get it back if you use Spotify on more than one computer:
- Locate the computer that is currently offline that has been synchronized with Spotify recently.
- Disable all network connectivity. Wireless and/or wired.
- Open Spotify. It will open in offline mode.
- Create a brand new playlist.
- Locate the playlist that was deleted.
- Copy all the contents to the new playlist you just created.
- If you star songs I would also create a new playlist and copy them to it as well
- Enable network connectivity.
- You will see the deleted Playlist disappearing.
- Rename the new playlists with the name of the deleted ones.
Side note: Spotify support is on UK time so you only get a few hours with them early in the morning here in the US.