Tip: Use Dictation to Search on Apple TV
This is one of those tips that makes you think..
How come I haven't been using that.
On the AppleTv you have search options almost everywhere within the iTunes store, Computer, Podcasts, Netflix, Youtube etc.
Using the remote that come's with the apple tv is cumbersome since their is no keyboard. Most people who have Apple Tv's also have an iOS device as well and most have or at the very least heard of Apple application called "Remote" which lets you use your iOS device as a remote for the Apple Tv. A key feature of this app a side from letting your control your Apple Tv is that it gives you a virtual keyboard making searching that much easier. Taking this another step forward you also have the option to use dictation for your searches.
Have you used dictation for your Apple Tv searches in the past?
To use dictation is fairly simple use
- Open Apple's Remote application on your iOS device
- Navigate to a search dialog on the Apple TV. (A Virtual keyboard will pop up)
- Press the Mic icon to the left of you spacebar.
- Speak what your looking for.
- Tap Mic icon when done.
- Done (Your list is populated with your search results)