LifewithTech registration is free and allows you to participate in the LifewithTech forums. Registration is limited to one membership per person, with a single name and email address, and accounts are not to be shared. By registering, you agree to the terms below.
You warrant and acknowledge:
- that you are at least 13 years old.
- that you give LifewithTech permission to store your posts in a database and display them on a website.
- that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, sexually explicit, or that violate any law.
- that you will observe all forum rules, including the rules that prohibit posts with personal insults, advertising, or the promotion of a product, service, organization, or website, except where explicitly permitted.
- that you understand that your posts and the user name you select will be visible to the Internet and to search engines, that you are responsible for your own privacy in deciding what to post, and that your posts will remain visible even if you leave LifewithTech or your account is closed for any reason.
- that your membership may be temporarily suspended or permanently banned for violation of the forum rules.
- that you will be permanently banned if you re-register while your membership is suspended.
The owners of LifewithTech reserve the right to:
- remove, edit, move, or close any discussion or message for any reason.
- close memberships that are detrimental to the forum community.
- make changes to the forum rules without notice.
Although the LifewithTech administrators and moderators will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for them to review all forum posts. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of LifewithTech, will be held responsible for the content of any message. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless LifewithTech and its owners and agents with respect to any claim based upon the storage or display of your messages.
If you agree to these requirements, check the checkbox below and press the ‘Register’ button below.
Instantly Bannable Offenses
These offenses can result in temporary forum suspensions or permanent bans. If you get a warning, heed it!
- Insults. Direct personal insult of another forum member (e.g., “You are an idiot.”) and other name-calling. Why? Because this isn’t grade school. People should be able to discuss or even dispute other’s posts without insulting people. You may dispute somebody’s opinion but not attack/flame the person who stated it. There are a lot of other non-direct-personal insults that won’t necessary get you banned instantly, but depending on the context/nature may lead to post editing, post deletion, warnings, or time-outs. They include telling people to shut up and being extremely or repeatedly rude or sarcastic. It’s not your place to tell other users they are not welcome; if they follow the rules, they are welcome. Bottom line — don’t try to tick off others and don’t make discussions unnecessarily personal. If somebody else insults you, report their post; their post does not give you a license to break the rules by returning their insults. Although we do not read Private Messages sent between forum members, the rules for appropriate and inappropriate content apply to them as well.
- Harassment. Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs.
- Discussion of self-harm, including threats of self harm, or threats of harm to others will not be tolerated and will be reported to law enforcement along with any information that may help the law enforcement agency follow up on the threat.
- Registration rules. Violation of the rules you agreed to when registering for the site: that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
- Multiple registration. You may register only one account, and if you were banned or given a temporary forum time-out, you may not reregister. Reinstatement can come only from an administrator.
- Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful. Sensationalism.
- Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned.
- One liners that add nothing to the discussion will not be tolerated, posting things like “first” or “LOL” just to bump up the post count will get you a warning, multiple warnings will get you a ban
Your purpose in joining LifewithTech or posting should not be to promote, advertise, or otherwise call attention to your site, blog, product, or business.
Self-promotion is not fair to our paid advertisers. Forum posts should be free of ads and promotions that benefit the poster. Legitimate recommendations and requests for help are permitted, but in ambiguous circumstances users without a previous forum track record will not be given the benefit of the doubt.
- Advertising. Using the forums for advertising, site or product promotion, or for business deals and offers. You may not make posts to promote commercial, personal, or not-for-profit websites, products, or services. Threads will be deleted if their purpose is to advertise, announce, or promote products, services, or organizations, build traffic at other websites, carry out business activities, or for similar purposes that do not benefit our forum community.
- Shilling. If you pretend to be a consumer who recommends your own product(s) or favors your own product(s) over others, without admitting your affiliation, you will be banned. Vendors who post in threads only to criticize a competitor’s product while promoting their own will also be banned.
- Soliciting. You may not use the forums to solicit donations, votes, or participants for surveys, contests, or product testing.
- Self-promotion. Self-promotional links to your blog, video channel, product, business, etc. are limited to your forum signature and your user profile.
Memberships created solely for these purposes will be banned.